The laboratory of water does basic and applied research in water treatment, including analytical evaluation of surface and waste water. The main areas of research in water treatment are adsorption processes, photocatalytic decomposition, membrane processes, application of microwave fields and bioremediation processes. Research is done on laboratory apparatuses, using both model solutions and real water samples. Materials such as sorbents or catalysts, which are used here, are customised, based on what substances are to be removed (especially medicines and pesticides). We also provide solutions for industries. As for the analytical area, our laboratory is equipped to evaluate metals, ions, organic pollutants and biologically active substances. In this case, their mutual interaction and their influence on organisms present in water (especially bacteria and plants) are also monitored.
- AAS, UV-VIS, ED-XRF, SPRi analysis.
- Research of waste water treatment.
- Sorption from aqueous solutions.
- Residence time distribution measurement and calculation.
- Macromolecules interactions study.
- Synthesis and decomposition in microwave field.
- HR-CS AAS contrAA® 700.
- UV-VIS Spectrophotometer Specord 250+.
- ED-XRF Spectrometer SPECTRO Xepos.
- Surface Plasmon Resonance imaging HORIBA OpenPlex.
- Milestone Ethos Up Microwave Digestion System.
- Shimadzu UHPLC Nexera XR LC-20AD XR.
- Basic chemical analysis of surface and waste water, including samples with particularly high absorptions and higher stray light quotient, analysis of solid waste extracts and sludge.
- Direct solid sample analysis by AAS.
- Multi-element analysis (AAS): Ag, Al, As, Be, Ba, Ca, Cd, Co, Cr (VI), Cr, Cu, Fe, Hg, K, Mg, Mn, Mo, Na, Ni, Pb, Se, Sn, Zn.
- Non-destructive analysis of solid and liquid samples by ED-XRF (simultaneous determination of elements from sodium to uranium).
Mgr. Martina Vráblová, Ph.D.
prof. Ing. Petr Praus, Ph.D.
Mgr. Ivan Koutník, Ph.D.
Ing. Kateřina Smutná, Ph.D.
Ing. Jaroslav Lang, Ph.D.
Ing. Jan Bednárek, Ph.D.
Mgr. Jana Vaněková
Mgr. Anna Ocelková
Ing. Adam Hruška
RNDr. Jaroslav Kuchyňa
Mgr. Daniel Vrábl, Ph.D.
Mgr. Martina Vráblová. Ph.D.
Tel.: 00420 597 32 7311